Sunday, August 12, 2012

It’s been a while…

Since my last post- June 29th to be exact.  I’ve got to do better but maybe I needed a mental timeout.  Time has flown by which must mean I’m having fun.   

Let me recap. June was such a good month that I decided to take July off from events and my version of heavy training.  I decided not to register for any July tris or Acworth.  This allowed me to enjoy my vacation in California.  It was a combination of business and personal fun.  My daughter and I took a road trip to Northern California which is something we hadn’t done in a while.  While there we had a mud bath and wonderful Mexican food.  Sheesh, I miss California Mexican food.  As much as I love Georgia, I’ve only found on good restaurant.  It was wonderful visiting with family and friends, some of whom I’d not seen in as many as 15 years!  I know, unbelievable.  It made me thankful for true friendships.  The type where I can email someone, say I’ll be in town on a certain date and we get together for lunch, a day at the Grove, dinner, or an evening at home.  No matter where we hang out to talk, it ALWAYS feels like we just talked yesterday.  I’m quite fortunate to have these friendships.  I know everyone doesn’t have them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment