Saturday, March 3, 2012

LB: Amsterdam

Ooohh, my favorite placeso far. Amsterdam had a completely different enrgy to it. I think most people think of the seedy side of it (drugs &red light district) but that was not my impression. The fist thing I noticed was the number of bicycles.  Hundreds of them. Also they were being used for functional things general tranportation [groceries, babies, etc]. Not only workouts. I saw women in heel, boots, flats and noone wore helmets! Wht the heck is going on. That goes against everything I've learned so far. I  wanted to ride a bike.

The area in which we stayed reminded  me of Virginia Highlands. We walked alot and caught the tram as needed. Walked through the Vincent van Gogh museum and toured the canals while there.  I've posted a view from our hotel balcony and a bike deck at the Central train station.
 


 
So far, this is my favorite part of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment