Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Days when I don't feel like training

Warning - this post contains a bit of whine without cheese!

So, today is swim practice with a pre-swim, run form clinic.  I don't feel like going. My body is tired, running on fumes...I guess that's what happens when training ramps up.  Since 12pm, I've been trying to figure out an excuse to avoid going. I posted on facebook and of course, my dedicated friends offered encouraging words on why I should go.

I checked email and saw an article from Active Triathlete titled 'Get Excited about Transition Runs'.  I decided to read it thinking I definitely need to get excited about training and it did the trick.

Get excited about transition runs

Reminded me to visualize the benefit of going to training [consistency and pushing myself] and the use of visualization and smiling.  I'll try all of the above over the next hour and a half. I also thought, how in the world will I complete an Ironman if I can't will myself to a 2.5 hour practice session. 

Thanks for the encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment