Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What does Life Balance mean to you?

It's been a while since my last post.  I've been writing entries but haven't had the time to post them. My recent European vacation provided much needed downtime to relax, read, and eat!!  I included life balance in my blog because it is something I struggle with. My personality is one that juggles multiple projects but typically gives the highest priority 95% and then divides the remaining 5% amongst the remaining tasks. One of my goals for the next few decades is to balance my life more. To me this means to work hard but also play hard; to enjoy my friends and family; to allow myself hobbies but also take care of my household.

A recent test for me was the trip to Europe. I wanted to go badly but was worried that leaving so early in my Irongirl training would hurt my progress. I thought of it and decided to see what would happen if I accepted that I wouldn’t train in my normal manner and enjoyed the trip.  Over time, I accepted that not following my training plan wouldn’t be the end of the world.  I continued to walk and cycled whenever possible and enjoyed the trip.  The blog entries during this time are titled LB (life balance): city.

I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment