Tuesday, April 3, 2012

To tread or not to tread…

One of my goals is to know how to tread water before the Irongirl. My thought is, if necessary, I can tread to gather my bearings and look for buoys. Not sure if that will be needed but it seems a worthwhile goal. So, Tuesday, I found a youtube video with instructions, watched it a few times, then thought I should be able to do this after 2-3 weeks.  I went to the gym to practice. In shallow water, I practiced the sculling hand position. This doesn’t seem to bad. I then went to 7 ft, held the wall, and practiced first a flutter, then a breast stroke kick. Hhhhmmm, this might be a bit difficult. I spent thirty minutes alternating sculling, kicking, kicking, sculling. I then tried it a few times but couldn’t get the coordination. 

This is a start. I decided to swim a few laps before leaving. I’ll try again another day but I’m on my way…

No comments:

Post a Comment