Tuesday, May 1, 2012

15 miles on the schedule today!

Triathlon is wearing me out! My body is tired...my mind is too.  I’d finally decided to take today as a rest day.  I’d accepted that I wasn’t a slacker for not going to the pool today.  Checked email and see threads from TNT members announcing ‘I’m riding at Columns, anyone want to ride’ and ‘We’re riding Stone Mountain at 6, if anyone wants to join us’.  Oh crap! I checked the May training calendar and on Tuesday, May 1, it says 15 miles!  Double crap, 15 miles…but I need/want to rest.

Then I hear that tiny voice saying, you need to follow the training plan. Figure out a way to get 15 miles in.  I think on it for 30 seconds, then decide to work on other things.  A couple hours later, I head out to lunch. The thought that I have a trainer at home pops into my head.  You can ride the trainer for 90 minutes to get 15 miles in.  Yes!  I can ride the trainer!


Although it’s not the same as an outdoor ride, I’ll be on the trainer. I feel good about sticking to the training schedule. Hopefully, this qualifies as some sort of mental training exercise also.

Keep moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment