Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tri brick workout - putting it all together

This was a good workout. I had a couple anxious moments during the swim but was able to work through them by holding on to the kayak and talking with Coach Jo.  I remember becoming so angry with her after swallowing water and having a coughing spell.  She later explained knowing that I’d be able to settle myself [I did] but I was still mad.  In hindsight, I understand how important being able to keep focus and/or settle myself down during the event will be.  I’ve got to stay focus and swim my pace/race while not worrying about others.  After returning to shore from the buoy swim, I wanted to swim more along the shore to get comfortable with the water. We did that and also practiced side stroke.  I felt a bit better.  Then asked about practicing the start.  So, I ran into the water and ‘dove’ in to simulate the start and it didn’t feel too bad.  At this point, I realized I need to get in the water 3-4 times before the last TNT swim on 5/19. If I have to drag Jesse to the lake to watch me, I will.  Turns out Dee was thinking the same so we agreed to come back to MAP on Monday.

I go to transition to the bike for the 5 mile out and back route.  My bike feels good. We are given cue sheets and I head out on the ride with Dee & Shana.  My gear shifting has improved a lot. I’m much more relaxed and even practice arm signals. There may be hope for me.
T2, dismount roll my bike to the rack and head out for the run.  The transition went well although my legs felt a big wobbly. Shana decides to run/walk with me.  We chat a bit during the outing before returning to our bikes for the second 5 miles. I realized I didn’t put air in my tires before the first ride.  I’ve got to not skip on that.  Complete the second files but decide to not run a second time.
I leave on a high note. It was a good practice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment