Monday, May 7, 2012

Open water swim at Van Pugh Park

It’s been a couple weeks since my last swim at Van Pugh. Looking at the distance we swam a couple weeks ago, it looks so much shorter. I can’t believe, I didn’t just jump into the water and go. But, I guess that’s where the mental training come in.

This is not a TNT training swim. The purpose of this outing is more time in the water to improve my comfort level.  I need it to be less intimidating on race day.

Dee and I decided to come out swam along the shoreline. We estimated the distance from one post to another at 100 meters and proceeded to move continuously for 30 minutes.  It took less than that to complete 500 m which made me feel good.  However, I do understand that swimming in shallow will be a bit different from deep. I know, I know, you swim the same in shallow and deep but to the newbie it still fills a bit different.  The water felt pretty good and we spent an hour or so out there.

Both of us are proud to have taken extra steps to get this done.  We had a great practice and plan to go to Mary Alice on Friday. 

Keep moving forward....

No comments:

Post a Comment