Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday musings

I can’t believe it’s been three weeks since my last entry.  So much has happened between then and now.  I completed the Callaway Gardens Sprint Tri with friends JoJo and Danielle.



I became sick after Callaway. Not sure if it was due to some lake cootie or crud attaching to my body. It could also have been due to my body demanding a well-deserved rest. My last thought is it could have been the loss of adrenaline having known that all the events I’d registered for were complete.  Whatever it was it took 3 days to get over the fever and feel somewhat normal.

Next up on the list of things to decide on is Acworth. Aaahh, Acworth. I wanted to complete the sprint tri to make up for a poor showing last year. However, the more I thought about it, I realized, I’m not ready mentally and don’t want to do it. When I’m not thinking of it, I’m happy, smiling, loving life.  The minute I think of the 400 yard swim or visualize myself standing on the beach waiting for the wave start, I feel this pit in my stomach.  So, there it is. I thought by now, that feeling would be gone and it isn’t.  This time next week, I'll be on vacation in Los Angeles and I really want to relax and enjoy myself. I don’t want to worry about swim training. 

Earlier this week, I made the decision to not register for Acworth. I feel good about it and that’s how I know it’s the right decision.  I will continue to work on body position/rotation and breathing.  This is in addition to running and cycling.   

Keep moving forward..

No comments:

Post a Comment