Wednesday, October 31, 2012

New Run Experiences!

This past week, I discovered that I can lose 10 lbs if I run 28.2 miles in a week. :-)  That might be a bit extreme but it's nice to know. It wasn't intentional but I scheduled back to back half marathons. I'd taken the time to train and been watching my food choices. What a nice reward! 
I’ve had a couple encouraging runs this week. Tuesday, I ran 2.7 miles nonstop with JoJo.  This is my farthest nonstop distance. Whoop whoop!  I felt good after and could have made it to 3.  It was 55 degrees and blustery, providing a reminder to pack more clothes and layer.  Since I didn’t layer, I had to wear my black jacket which meant low visibility (not good).  Luckily I’m running with a group so we are quite visible. 
Wednesday, I ran with JoJo and Kermit.  Wow! How cool was that? Definitely not what I expected but it felt good. I appreciate their willingness to work with me. They are educating me on a variety of things and race approaches.  I'm finally starting to understand the purpose of tempo runs and track practices. We ran 3 miles non-stop in addition to warm up and cool down.  I felt awesome and encouraged as I drove home. 
Tomorrow, I’m scheduled to run an easy 3-4 miles before swim practice. Now, that I’ve embraced running slower to get the distance, I’m looking forward to it.
As always, when the time is right, God presents who/what I need.  Although, I've been running since 2009, I never felt that running an extended without walking was possible for me. I now realize, I can and will do this. Today, it's 3 miles, hopefully in a few weeks, it will be 6.  A 10k nonstop--thats my goal.  I’m pumped up thinking about the possibility.
On the drive home, I thought of how wonderful it is to know people who are willing to help others. I’m always willing to help others and it’s nice to be on the receiving end.  With every passing day, I’m feeling more confident and comfortable about the marathon.  I’m going to do it and feel good about it. I am proof that age doesn’t matter.
Remember to keep moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment