Saturday, October 13, 2012

Watching the Ironman World Championship


I'm watching the IM world championship and it is so inspiring. This is my first time watching the race and I have such an appreciation for it.  It's nice to understand the challenge of the swim, transitions, bike, grabbing items from the aid station, and run.  Oh, the strategies used are beautiful. The suspense is incredible.  It's so cool to see two tall women, Caroline Steffins and Leanda Cave in the lead.  I hope they will hold off the challengers and win.  Their strides are beautiful.

The inspired participants stories have been nice.  I'm really getting motivated about the upcoming 2013 marathon. 

Watching the entire  event has proven to me, it's not over until the first person crosses the finish line. The favorites Macca and Crowie aren't present. I'd read Macca's and Chrissie Wellingtons books last month. Based on the mental approach, I thought Macca would kick butt but he dropped out of the race. Chrissie took the year off.   You never know what might happen and can NEVER give up.

Amazing IM information:
The male athletes burned 4500+ calories during the ride. What in the heck do they eat / drink to replenish them?

The announcers commented a few times that a 3 hour marathon (after swimming 2 miles and biking 100+) is not fast!  Really?  I'll take it.

Keep moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment